Thursday, June 11, 2009

Waiting, Part 2

Why does it seem that these days it is one step forward and two steps back? Thank you to all the comments and supportive emails in response to my recent post about starting IVF. It is much appreciated and to even be able to publish that post is a major accomplishment for me.

We were so very excited when our kickoff to the IVF cycle we have been planning to start this week looked good with initial u/s and bloodwork. Yesterday afternoon we were contacted by the head embryologist to say that we were going to have to bump our start date from this Saturday to start our follicle stimulating injections to July 11th. She is taking time off around the 4th of July holiday and it will impact our retrieval and cycle. Needless to say we are upset, angry, and once again feel like can't we just get going with all this. The office itself has been really great to work with overall and I don't fault them, I just wish we had know so we could have started last weekend. I will still be able to do my Boston trip in July, just now with monitoring visits the week I am there as I will be injecting my Follistem on my own that week. At least I am not having to cancel something I really want to participate in and is frankly chance in a lifetime to have been chosen.

I have really worked hard these last weeks to emotionally get ready to this cycle. With everything else going on with my mom's hospitalization and Bill's job loss I have felt that starting IVF has gotten relegated to the back burner until all the meds arrived earlier in the week. I think it hit us both what we were about to embark on and needed to get our game face on.

I really appreciate the support, food for for the freezer, and encouragement. I hope that in all things sometimes we don't know the reason for why things happen and that waiting a month will give us the end result we really want regarless of when it happens, a healthy pregnancy.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

I'm here shaking my head in disbelief about WHY your IVF had to be postponed. Don't let it get you down. You have lots of people cheering for you and will help in whatever way we can.

Beth said...

I'm frustrated for you, but fwiw, I think you are approaching this with the best attitude possible. Makes me think of the Serenity Prayer. Hugs to you!