Sunday, June 7, 2009

"Daddy, Don't Eat my Face" aka Ben's Birthday Recap


Ben's 3rd birthday party was awesome! I'll restate the awesomeness for your reading pleasure: No rain, low humidity, an ass-kickin' waterslide for the kids
parents seemed to be having a good time, plenty of food and drink, and a cake featuring Ben and Lucy's picture from the invitation.


The last of which Bill ate the piece of cake with Ben's face on it which Ben has been telling everyone, "daddy ate my face and dying laughing." Minus the poison ivy I got while cleaning up and the almost electrified water slide created as we almost emptied it on top of the power supply (emergency room visit diverted luckily) this party rocked! I even got my wish of actually enjoying the party, talking to the adults, and best of all watching Ben totally enjoy his party. I did have to channel a little Martha Stewart with the gift bags with foam animal hats for the kids and homemade jam for the families, I really and truly spent less time this year in all ways prepping and planning. I again thank Bill for all the behind the scenes work to get the backyard party ready. I hope everyone had a good time and enjoyed the party for their kids as well as themselves. Here are some of my favorite pictures of a really great birthday. And a big thanks to LauraC for her photo magic.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

We had a great time! Thanks for a great party!