Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day '09 w/ a Little '78 Action

It has been a long but also good weekend spent mostly at the hospital with my mom. I think Brian and I ate our weight in crackers and little juices smuggled from the nurse's station. Luckily she is in the hospital where my brother works so everyone was super nice to us...especially since we are 20 years younger than the average people who seem to be there as caregivers and family.

I am really thankful for his nursing background on so many levels. We will know more this week about what the next steps are as far as her care. We spent serious time walking the corridors when she was asleep discussing our options.

For Mother's Day 2009 Bill surprised me with an Apple i-photo book of Ben. He's been working on the pictures and design for a few months. He also got one for both grandmoms. It was a really beautiful gift especially knowing the time spent to create was a gift in itself.

But best of all he took Ben for the weekend without hesitation to give me time to help with my mom. This was the best gift of all, knowing that given his hesitation in me heading down, accepted it and tried to make it the best situation for me. I was greeted to pizza with lots of big hugs when I got home.

I found the older pic and included it in card to my mom. I am Ben's age in the photo from May 1978 with the prerequisite mother's day plant. Little did I know I would get the same photo for posterity with my sweet son tonight.

I hope he knows how much he was wanted and loved on a daily basis. I hope I show Ben not only in words but by demonstrating love through action and deed even when it's not easy. Happy Mother's Day to my mom Marilyn, my mother in law Pam, and to Ben for making me a mom

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Happy mother's day to a very special woman! I'm so glad that we met by becoming moms at the same time. Only 1 of 87549201 reasons why you are awesome.

Michelle Brown said...

Happy Mother's Day!! I love the matching pictures! You look just like your Mom - so cute! I'm so glad you had a good weekend with your Mom and Bill took such good care of Ben!!

Lots of love and prayers!