Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Wed Gumbo

I am reading two books right now for two VERY different book clubs. One, the Shack that I am having a hard time getting into it, despite hearing alot of chatter when it was the IT book. I pledge to finish it though, as I didn't read last month book and only went for the food.

The other, Drop City, is my choice when I host Book Club next month. LOVE IT! I got it on audiobook with the intention of uploading onto my iPod while walking with Ian. I am hoping that others finish it as it will make a good discussion if you aren't turned off by the language and sex (I obviously am not, he..he)

I am freakin' tired, super tired. It seems like night comes and I just dread knowing that tomorrow I am going to be even more tired that I am today. I am not good at "trying to sleep when baby does" I didn't with Ben and the same MO is going down with Ian. I feel hungover when I get 1 hour here and there. Better to just stay up. True Confession but I never realized how much harder the whole more than one kid thing was going to be. It's like more housework descended on me and I can't keep up.

Twins are ASS hard. Repeat! AND, they are not even MINE! AND, I only had Max along with Ian. I helped with Max and Leo again yesterday and damn I was tired within one hour and was trying to keep crying to only one child. On the good news front the weekly visits are helping the the upcoming surgery prep this summer and I love, love, love getting to visit with my old friend and see the boys. As much as I tried to anticipate to have stuff within reach, I still was running the entire afternoon. I again say there is a special type of mom, and I don't think I'm it.

I rejoined the gym on Monday. More to come but I have been shopping for new workout clothes as an reward and incentive and to NOT look like I'm going to my 1993 Jamaica Me Crazy Sorority party in a long since prime t-shirt. Baby step to a goal I really want to reach. Going tonight no matter how tired I am once kids are in bed and dishes done.

I signed off on my paperwork to teach an online course this am. Step one to making a career change and giving me more time with the boys.

Lastly, Bill took some pics of me and the boys in my mom's front yard on Sunday after the service. I really liked some of these, although I look kinda drunk... or maybe just tired.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

I'm telling you, TC Boyle is the shizz.

Did you like my post title today OR WHAT?

I don't think people realize that having 2 kids does not equal twice the work. It is somehow more than that. The hardest part for me was learning to let go and realize that stuff on the to-do list would not always get done IF I wanted time with my kids.

And yes, twins are ASS HARD. You just get used to an unfair level of crying. I always say to my expecting twin friends to expect a lot of fucking crying all the time. But the good news is you will laugh at all the attachment parenting crazies out there bc preventing two babies from crying is literally impossible. My kids are scarred forever. At least they can gang up on me.

Beth said...

Love the picture of Ian yawning. And you look damn good for someone so tired! (As you should be! I could never do the "sleep when the baby sleeps" either. WTF--There are things that HAVE to get done, and those were things I could never do when my babies were awake.) I want to hear more about the online class. Who is it for? What age? What subject? Finally, go you for joining the gym. I joined the Senate gym, but for the life of me, can not find the time to go work out. I hope you have more success!