Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Post Game Wrap Up


Pro- Bill offered to help drive and be of support all weekend, GReenville Zoo, playground, and picnic on Sat, my mom was able to hold Ian for the service without assistance, the service on Sunday was nice and I know it meant alot for my mom to participate.

Con- Ian didn't sleep more than 2 hours straight either night and I pulled all night duty both nights so Bill could do AM Ben duty, screaming children in Charlotte traffic, arguing on mothers day, digging through the IKEA ball pit in search of the few pairs of matching socks Ben owns, total exhaustion while driving and most of the weekend

Just Funny- the THREE busloads of matching t-shirted church youth spilling out of chartered buses at the SC welcome center in the midst of Ben runinng in between and knocking over trashcans while I attempted to feed and diaper Ben.

My brother's continual comments about removing my Obama sticker unless I wanted my car keyed, by the Pastor.

Ben telling us that, "I won't go crazy" just before we walked up to the pulpit area to join the 13 other families also dedicating their kids. I just about busted out laughing out loud, but I think the man dressed in head to toe seesucker including a bowtie. We were very, very out of place in Camp Palin. They accounced Raleigh, NC as it was another planet. I think Newberry was the next farthest away that family had come for the annual dedication...aka... How much hand smocking and jon jons can one stage stand. It looked like the Kappa Alpha Old South Ball, Childrens Version

Mission Accomplished- GrandMother happy with clothes, baby and Ben time, food and gifts well received.

3 comments:

LauraC said...

TOTALLY worth it. Great picture and the outfits look awesome all coordinated!

And believe me, we have spent a lot of time yelling at each other and the kids during flights and road trips. It's all part of being a family! ha ha!

Beth said...

LMAO at the seersucker and smocking and jon jons. That is why I could never move back to Jacksonville. Holy scary. Glad you made the most of the weekend and could appreciate the funny stuff. You are an awesome daughter!

Sandra said...

I am impressed! You are a warrior!