Tuesday, May 4, 2010

the good, the bad, the ugly, and the super ugly


The good was a great time out Friday at the season opening concern at the American Tobacco Campus (old Lucky Strike factory that is now a revitalized corporate and dining establishment.) Our local public radio that is on the property hosts Back Porch Music free bluegrass concerts all summer.

We met up with friends which in turn lead to running into even more people knew from Bill's old employers. The music was great as well as the company. We got home around 10 all exhausted!

Sat I took the boys to a 4th birthday party at a local farm. I wasn't sure that I was going to head all the way out there as it was over an hour drive, but a glad I did. The farn featured a train, haywagon, hayjump, a giant slide with potato sacks, and did I mention feeding animals upon animals. I did get to listen to TAL in it's entirety on the quiet ride home.

Note again that we were all exhausted. We headed out for dinner, Target, and then all crashed. Bill and I both traded time to get a block of makeup sleep.

the Bad was Ben and his loose poop on his first ever port-a-potty visit.

This led to the Ugly, Ben with a full-on stomach ache and more poop on Sunday am the 2nd birthday party (one for his class I didn't want to go to anyway) was on the chopping block. We had actually planned a quiet day to do laundry, buy plants, dishes. What resulted was Ben in sick mode on the couch while mom tended to a very fussy baby for most of the day. Did I mention I was secretly glad to have a pass on the 2nd party.

I did happen to escape from the house for a couple of hours to finish off plant purchases. Happy to say I spent within my plant budget and am planning on putting them in this week. I even couponed it to get $20.00 off my plant purchase!

So I am starting a to do list for the week and alas there are 19 things already making the cut. And this was to be an easy week in preparation for being out of town by Friday. Oh well, at least Ben has been poop free for 24 hours and back to his normal self and so far Ian is not sick.

*UPDATE* Since I wrote but forgot to post this in the wee hours of Monday. The super ugly came yesterday when two children disappeared from the playground at his school. More tomorrow, but both found and were ok.

1 comment:

Beth said...

OMG about two kids disappearing from the playground. That made my heart stop. Glad they returned safely. As for you guys, poor Ben! And poor you. Glad Ben is feeling better, and at least part of the weekend was good. Good luck this week in marking off those to-do items! You rock.