Friday, May 14, 2010

Happy One Month Birthday Ian!


Where did the first month go my sweet blond haired and blue eyed boy? You have put on almost 2 lbs in the last 30 days and just look less and less like a newborn (which is good because I hate the way all newborns look like constipated old people) and more like your brother and father.

You have brought me so much happiness and joy getting to know you, smell your sweet head, rock you in the middle of the night, try to keep Ben for playing full contact sports with you. Waking up to your cooing and also crying reminds me that it's all just comes back without thinking.

You were dedicated on a very special mothers day to be loved and cared for all your days. I could drink in all your baby goodness and sweetness as before long you will be moving and exploring your world and trying to keep up with your brother.

Watching you discover the lights and try to pull up in these past few days, while small milestones, remind me that I need to remember that 2010 was to be about realizing that I only have this time with you and your brother and that everything else can wait.

For now I will hang onto every moment I can get with you, to eat up your sweet baby feet, and to snuggle with you in the early morning when the whole world stops for just us.

love you- mom

1 comment:

Beth said...

Oh my--could he be any more precious? Can't believe a month has already gone by. From one mom of a blond-haired, blue-eyed 2nd child to another, the time definitely flies, but it's all the sweeter with more love to go around!