Monday, September 8, 2008

reality check

I talked to both of my contacts out of our local McCain and Obama campaigns today as they are coming to speak to my student about the political process over the next weeks (my kids wanted them to debate each other, but we are not going there). I am trying hard for equal time for both sides and have made it extra credit to volunteer 20 hours.

In the course of conversation's several very scary comments were made:

McCain contact- "yeah, since palin's speech we have had people in/out asking for bumpers tickers and asking how they can get involved, like 10 people an hour not 10 people a day like pre-convention" She has really brought people to us.

Obama contact- (I asked him what the response had been to the convention in the local office and the VP pick especially). "This was a total curve ball and the whole campaign from the top down is changing strategy. They really got a better post convention bump that we did and we are bleeding women to them".

1 comment:

Jim said...

I'll come for the debate! :-D