Friday, September 5, 2008

Double Date with Karl Rove

Oh Republicans why am I not surprise that you would pull out a a week of unity and shore up your base. Watching your keynote addresses as well as your response early in the week to a potential hurricane, you have done it again. I would so love to have dinner with Karl Rove to ask how he and the RNC machine can take a political party in dispair and somehow pull out a feel good, faith in my govt, leaders to represent the common-man pageant again and again. I have respect for this even though I would personally like to stab you with my fork (would bring bill to restrain me).

The Republicans can do this better than any other group I have ever seen and this week is proof. Watching Sarah Palin made me shiver to think, "what if people really believe her show of family support, stretching the truth about her experience, and hockey mom appeal ". As always the RNC waves the bloody flag patriotism and made terrorism, energy, and Iraq central to their argument for giving them 4 more years. I loved the daily show's real theme for the convention, "give us one more chance, we promise not to F*** this up".

So along comes the next 60 days to watch who will battle for the undecided voter and can play the middle class sympathy card better. I can only hope Americans will not fall for the bait and switch that has defined the last 8 years.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

It's scary, isn't it?

Jim said...

Some people will believe anything. They believed Bush thought we shouldn't use the military for nation-building. They believe that McCain wants what's best for his country. (I actually don't doubt that, but I suspect his sources are grossly skewed.) They believe that McCain is not in bed with the military-industrial complex, a belief bolstered by Palin on the ticket, and therein lies the grave danger.

HeatherV said...

what scares me most is the pull she may have with the undecided voters who think she represents them, but really unless they are already in bed with big oil then she is playing them along with the rest of us.