Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Pass the corn nuts and take off that paper hat

Went to a baby shower over the weekend and felt the need to express how I feel about them in the most cynical way I can. Granted I am thankful for the 4 showers we had pre-Ben, including one that was suppose to happen the day I wound up having ben (good planning, men at bill's work). My favorite was a toss up between the one my 7/8th period classes gave me that involved eating Popsicles and opening gifts meant for a 10 year old. Or the one that our friends threw us a couples shower at which due to the soaking rain people stayed 6 hours playing drinking games by the end. Chrissy knowing me well, got every tacky, kitschy baby themed decoration just to piss me off. It looked like babies r us had thrown up on her house.

So in that vein here is my list of really bad baby shower themes: Salute to Speed Metal, Name That Spit up, Who can Drink a Baby Bottle the Fastest (have actually played this), It's too Late to Turn Back Now, and my personal favorite, come Dressed as your Favorite President (my students actually wanted to do this).

If I have my way, a baby shower for any future little v's will involve no bears, bows, ducks and instead include good conversation, food, and hopefully 80's movie a thon. Bring it on Better Off Dead, Pump Up the Volume, and of course Heathers!

No comments: