Sunday, September 21, 2008

potty time!

and so it begins... the long march towards being diaper-free. When I picked up Ben on Tuesday last week his teacher told me excitedly that Ben had been telling others, "get off, me potty" and proceeded to sit down fully clothed on the potty. This is major news as everyday this summer when asked to sit the answer was a quick NO! So I picked up a little potty from BRU on Wednesday as the potty seat I had I think is part of the problem of being scared of the big potty.

He has now sat 2 of the last 3 nights in the dining room reading a book and talking about sitting on a potty. Cars and Spiderman stickers are ruling the day. Nothing in the potty yet, but I'm ecstatic!

On the weekend front, it's been good. My mom and brother drove up on Friday and were here most of today. They enjoyed playing with Ben while I plowed through a bunch of AP work and a stack of College/Scholarship Recs I was asked to write. We went to the park too and ran into my friend Ellen and her family which was nice to catch up too. good day :-)

No comments: