Saturday, September 6, 2008

momma's sweet ride

I have 3 new friends: Stations Lucy, Fred, and Ethel. I think I like most about the new car we bought over labor day weekend is the XM stereo. I have fallen in love with 3 alternative stations that remind me of 99x in Atlanta. I have heard songs from bands l used to love in my days of youth- shout out to new order, the smiths, depeche mode, and death cab for cutie.

Bill has been on me all summer to go test drive some possible replacements since my Accord is now almost 9 years with a triple cracked windshield and a sound under the car that reminds me of dragging a dead body. We had decided on a 2nd CVR as we love bill's and it's a great size for us with Ben and maybe a 2nd little v. I test drove one on the Florida trip, and bill did when I got home. We considered the green or silver (not bill's infamous "fecal mist" color that he currently has), but didn't want a cream interior. So we went with the red with gray leather interior. It has a navigation system, ipod hook up, and media card that I can load up from my computer.

What is really funny is that my friend Elizabeth has the same car. When she told me she had bought the exact same car we took were considering, I said that this is evidence we were meant to be friends. Ben is still calling the new car, "katie car, where katie"?

I really love this car and nothing was better when I was on the way to chapel hill last Wednesday that driving with the sunroof open, music blaring like I was 18, and driving too fast on the interstate like pre-ben days. Sweet!

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Jon and I were just talking about new cars yesterday. Now that our car is paid off, he suddenly has new car desire! We're definitely thinking wagon, either Volvo or Mercedes. Can you imagine anything less Case than a mercedes?!?! I'm sure we'll end up in the Volvo. Or who knows, maybe there will be a hybrid wagon by the time we go to buy.

PS. Morrissey was so hot.