Wednesday, August 27, 2008

I can forgive a pumpkin suit


oh hillary, why did you choose to look like the great pumpkin last night. I will forgive you as I have spent the last 24 hours thanking you for doing what only you could to bring your supporters into the tent. Watching you announce obama as the nominee during roll call tonight was both sad for what could have been, but also exciting to think of how much is to come.

Working with my AP kids has been exactly where I want to put my energy this fall. We had a great discussion today about the candidates views on patriotism and the way the DNC vs RNC will portray themselves as united over the next two weeks. It's not about flag pins or vapid rhetoric, it's about who gets to sit at the table and lead this country on the world stage. I want to have faith again the subject I love to teach. Watching Michelle Obama nail why she is proud of her country echos the type of administration that is sorely needed.


No comments: