Wednesday, August 20, 2008

ESTJ

this is no surprise to someone who has a colored coded, laminated list attached to her freezer.

I recently read Mother Styles , author Janet Penley that takes your personality profile from the Myers-Briggs test to determine your strengths and weaknesses as a parent. Mine was Extrovert, Sensing, Thinking, and Judging. My mom types was characterized as "most likely to drive the carpool and make a schedule for all involved". How true given that I am hyper organized, encourage Independence with my family as well as students, see things as black vs white, am always wanting to be on the go with a mission.

I have been told by friends and family that I can be intense, stoic, and inflexible which also fits this personality negatively. Ongoing things I am working on :-) An interesting read. I especially liked that the they dedicated a section to husbands, your own mother, mother in laws, and whole family dynamics. Also no surprise is bill is my total opposite, except in thinking over feeling characteristic.

What will ben be? God only knows, he's got all the sides in the mix. I am just hoping for someone who doesn't announce loudly entering school, "I pooped mommy, Ben dirty" at age 18.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Jon and I are both ISTJ... most people are surprised to find I am an introvert since I love to talk, but I need lots and lots of alone time to recharge. Thus why it is SO HARD for me to have twins!

I reserved it at the library so expect to see a blog post soon!