Saturday, August 9, 2008

been caught stealin'

And I don't mean the Jane's addition song. On my way out of our local Belk's (home to all big-haired southern baptist Miss Koret icky dresses), the alarm thing went off. I walked out to my car as I had watched the clerk take of the scanners off my items and didn't think it was me. Suddenly I hear, "come back here now" and some woman running towards me.

I accompany her back to the store where the security alarm that goes off again. I have to take everything out of my bags (other stores too), empty my pockets, wallet and basically admit that I didn't willingly shoplift from their store. All this with the audience of the front door traffic stopping as we are in the way. Next time I think I will swipe a Miss Koret Church of God Dress just so I can make the case that no one should be selling them or thinking someone would steal them .

No comments: