Monday, August 11, 2008

5 tanks of gas and 1423 miles


Was I crazy to think going to Florida with a toddler would be without some lessons learned?

1. DVDs are like Muzak for children. I swear the only time I heard ben was when one went off and he wanted another started.
2. I couldn't take Max and Ruby a 3rd straight hour so we played "I spy" car color toddler version at one point followed by mommy sing along.
3. The people who live in eastern Alabama will get time off when they get to hell for living in such a desolate place. The Big H Chicken Buffet is not compensation.
4. I almost bought a 20 buck bonsai tree at the AL/FL border, but didn't want to get out of the car with ben in the heat. Think they had a drive-thru?
5. I listened to so much NPR I think I started my own pledge drive.
6. David Sedaris can make any car trip more fun.
7. Cracker Barrel in Atlanta is missing their "3 types of icebox pies" table display that ben destroyed as well as the peg board game thing that he threw at the waitress.
8. I woke up most mornings at 6 am to " ben play cars now" or "get up mommy, cars"- do you detect a theme?
9. fisher-price little people fit on the end of a 2 year old penis. note to self- do not leave child unattended with little people.
10. Hope to look back one day and remember my sweet ben running along the beach and playing in the pool laughing and kicking, more than the other 9. great trip, but glad to be home

No comments: