Monday, May 6, 2013

When running errands alone is better than a vacation

Keeping it real people, last week kicked my butt. From lots of end of year paperwork and mountains of grading, ick factor from failing students acting out to ongoing issues at home.  Come Friday night, I was spent.  I did make myself go by the gym on the way home and made myself run and use the TRX bands upper arm and core aka torture devices.  Thank you "last chance playlist" for giving me any motivation to have gotten out of the car.

My plan was to go to bed early Friday as well as Saturday and get up normal 5:15 time and get ahead of some grading.  Didn't happen.

My plan was to try and get caught up on the 5 loads of laundry not put up from LAST weekend as well as attack the mountain of laundry from this week.  Kinda happened.

My plan was to use the time Bill took the boys to Free Comic book day to it's maximum usefulness. This did happen as I ran through all the errands I had put off after working late every day last week.

Grass mowed, $1000 spent on the car aligning and buying new tires, kids played outside an enormous amount of time, 3 freeze ahead dishes prepped, early service at church, birthday party attended
 = our weekend


Sometimes you just have a weekend where going to the grocery alone is better than a Caribbean vacation. Ian's behavior, potty accidents a plenty, picking fights, and refusing to nap both days added to the fun.

Such was this weekend.

Only picture worth posting would be Ben and Ian and their haul of comic books.  This would be one of the few times both were not fighting and hitting each other. Correction- Ian walked across the bed bending the covers, leading to a whole new fight.

My goal for this week is to dig out as much as possible.  I am driving the boys for an overnight beach trip to the cool indoor water park we visited in January later in the week  I am literally counting down to leaving Thursday  afternoon in minutes.

3 comments:

LauraC said...

Sounds like you definitely need a weekend away. And a sister wife.

Ms Mae said...

Ah...running errands alone. My favorite part of the day :) Lately we have been splitting the girls up. I'll take one to run errands and hubby will keep one and do what ever he is doing. Not sure how this will work once the baby is born but for now it makes it much more manageable!

Carrie said...

I can run by errands in 1/3 the time if I don't have the kids with me. I am SO with you there!