Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Goodbye, Godbless, Goodnight- 2008

2008 will go down as a year of extreme highs and lows. It's telling that this morning Ben was naming all his friends at school and told if they were "pooping or not". A highlight of the year has been his language explosion as I was a little concerned early in the year. So in typical fashion here's the short list:

Lows- Being worried about my mom, insulin issues for myself, Motricity's downturn and an IPO that never materialized, 2 bouts with mild month-long depression, still didn't loose the 25 pounds from my first year as a mom, not knowing if I want to stay in teaching, major losses in our 401k and investments, missing the market to sell our house.

Highs- Ben's development into a little boy, another stable year of marriage, Bill's move to Microsoft, AP Government, Election 2008 in general, faithfully working out 3-4 a week, trips to FL and SC to see family, 3 beach trips, adult friendships, making date nights a regular thing, returning to reading more books for fun not school, NCCAT trips, being published with DPI and our local paper with school achievement, making the time for therapy, not spending as much time at home on grading and parent emails/contacts, keeping this blog going for myself, a festive Holiday season 2008 including a great trip to Atlanta

Wishing everyone peace and joy in 2009

To JBH at 8:11 pm- I get my answer everyday so I know you heard me- love h

No comments: