Sunday, December 14, 2008

You're Going Down Martha!


If the queen of domesticity saw the end result of these cookies (pink phallic shaped candy canes) then she would know her empire was safe.

With all due respect, Casa Vinson looks much in the spirit of the holidays. We made cookies as a family Saturday night and I made my usual trays of holiday goodies today(fudge, chess cake, sugar cookies, haystacks) for both Bill's work and mine. I also burned out my mixer on batch ONE of the holiday cooking so the rest had to be mixed by hand, taking oh so long.

We went to Pullen Park for the Santa Train and before Ben hit Bill in the face prompting us to leave, we had a good time. I did decide NOT to attempt the pre-fab gingerbread house, after ben kept making his own "cookies" out of the dough- I knew not to temp fate.

The coolest thing about Christmas 2008 is that Ben knows somthing is up. He seems completely enthralled to talk about Santa and Snowmen and loves all the outside decorations around town. Tonight I found him asleep clutching all the parts of this push Nativity scene my mom gave him and I thought if only to see the season as he does.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Can not wait to see all the decorating you've done! Half of our decorations are down bc hornets climbed onto them and we're waiting to make sure there are no more hornets hiding in our house.

But I know you would appreicate my story of uber-planning!