Friday, December 19, 2008

Overdue to Read More

Last night was my neighborhood book club. I was invited to join this group 5 years ago shortly after we moved into our house and it was a welcome invitation of friendship with new neighbors. This year I am really proud that of our 12 books I read 7 of them. I found time to read 8 other non-book club books. I kinda got a on an Augusten Burroughs kick this summer and read 4 straight books of his and hope to read his other 3 in 2009. Here's my total 2008 list starting with my personal choices first.

Team of Rivals
When you are Engulfed in Flames
Running with Scissors
Dry
Wolf at the Table
Sellavision
Feminine Mystique
Freakanomics- 3rd time

Snow Flower and the Secret Fan
Eat, Pray, Love
A Thousand Splendid Suns
Where the Red Fern Grows
The Birth House
World Without End
Alyas Babylon


My 2009 resolution is to read 10 of 12 books including my own choice The Glass Castle
as well as at least 9 other book club books as the books picked last night as almost all ones on my list to read. Plus I hope to read at least 8 other personal choice throughout the year. What are you reading in 2009?

1 comment:

LauraC said...

I think you would be surprised to find out how many books I read! I used to read 2-4 books a week when I lived in Chicago! The librarians knew me by name.

I actually have asked for a B&N gift card to purchase books I can't get at the library. Very excited about these reads:

Four Seasons in Rome (memoir - people with newborn twins move to Italy for a year)

Even June Cleave Would Forget the Lunch Box (parenting guilt book)

Emotionally Healthy Twins

Book of Vice: Very Naughty Things and How to Do Them (from Peter Sagal of NPR)

Plenty - One Man, One Woman, and a Raucous Year of Eating Locally

Right now from the library I have:

Abstinence Teacher
Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close