Friday, May 11, 2012

Bring the Funny


Last night I had the chance to get my love on of This American Life.

Kudos to an amazing show that featured some of my favorite contributors as well as some new faces.

One of the things I LOVE about TAL is that you truly never know where the theme will take you. You can just expect that the stories will amaze you, inspire you, and make you want to examine your own mundane life.

While I loved Mike Birbigulia's parody of Fresh Air and David Sedaris never disappoints, my favorite performances were two new stories.

An AMAZING story of street photographer Vivian Meier. I think I could have just heard her story and looked at her pictures for the rest of the evening.

I HOPE that TAL will post some examples of her work.

Then there was this piece of funny from Tig Notaro. Seriously it will make every bit of your Friday better.


1 comment:

LauraC said...

So I found the whole Vivien Maier thing very interesting because I have been following that story since they bought the storage locker. It busted on the photography scene and went completely crazy. Have seen tons of her photos and checked out the book in person. But being set to music and Ira's interviews? PERFECTION.