Wednesday, June 30, 2010

180 lb Cherry on Top

Happy 6th Anniversary Surgery Day! Since I have written about surgery twice already there is no need to rehash. I wish I could say that I celebrated it up big today. I don't call a trip to BJs supercenter and splitting popcorn with a 4 year old while feeding the baby much of a celebration.

But it is. The simple fact that I have two beautiful boys as a result of this decision is celebration enough. And that is not to minimize the healthier lifestyle and hope upon hope that a family history of diabetes has been pushed a little further in the future.

The fact that Bill decided to do the same surgery last July and has since lost almost 180 lbs is also celebration. Half a person gone in 365 days. I am sure he will post his own celebration next week likely via twitter, but I DO hope he posts some before/after shots. He is 1/2 the person he once was, but he is twice the husband and father that emerged as the weight was shed.

I am so very proud on this 6th anniversary of my own decision to be celebrating his very successful year finding exercise and a healthier lifestyle was just beginning of what he was going to get back. SO PROUD!

No comments: