Thursday, June 10, 2010

Get Ready, Get Set, Blast Off!

Why am I blogging when there is about 900 things to do before my MIL, BIL, and his new girlfriend get here for grilling out dinner? Much done in the hours home from the beach.

1. Online class made and is at capacity. Participated in my online group with all the other Civics Credit Recovery (aka.. taking it again) teachers across the state last night. Much to do since I just got my course section yesterday. Luckily in laws are taking Ben to the NC Zoo tomorrow and then tomorrow night for me to get some serious work done to load the class with the first week assignments

2. Party prep in full swing. No, I am not making the cake. Call me a lame mom for not wanting to take a Wilton Class and then create a masterpiece out of staining red frosting. Some things I am just going to farm out. Since they were out of the cake topper, came up with my own, so a crafty touch none the less. Still have to pull the craft for the kids together and make gift bags. No homemade jam for parents this year.

3. Finally found a workout bra after many, many returns. No less it's was at the PennyRich Bra Patch here in town. A busty girls dream store with lots of pretty not all institutional undies. I do have to wonder when the owners were thinking up store names where the idea for a "patch" came?

4. Ben had a fab family birthday. Pics to come and also the beach trip, but needless to say he went to bed with a giant leggo plane and a big smile on his face. Skype worked well with my mom and brother to celebrate with us.

5. Heading to school to return my laptop on this the last day for teacher. I inadvertently infected it with a virus somewhere in the last week, much to Bill's happiness. No really, he's been pushing me to get a new laptop with the new online class and not use my crappy, no battery life one from school. SOLD with the virus. I saved off all my files and it's going back. Funny that other than bringing home a couple of boxes there is NOTHING I would have to do other than resign not to return in August. Think this is a sign?

He is graciously letting me use his command center in his office for my class. I promised him I wouldn't mess it up (or attempt to clean it up).

No comments: