Thursday, June 3, 2010

Does Home Depot Install Urinals?

Again, where has my week gone? Camp Mommy is in full swing and no I don't count taking the dog to the vet for an almost hour wait and then appointment in the pouring rain yesterday on the agenda. We all, baby Ian included, looked like we had been in a wet tshirt contest. My vet actually used the words, "pitiful owner" when she brought up the dog was way overdue on vaccines. We are not talking the Rabies one here folks. Today Camp Mommy will involve a trip to the ABC store for Book Club liquor. I can't imagine what could go wrong with a stroller, a 4 year old, and lots of glass.

Appreciate the good thoughts I didn't mean to sound the alarm bells Friday. Thinking about options, how to settle into the 2 child thing, and remembering that working harder is not always smarter. In the scheme of things, this should be easy street. I'm bottle feeding,have a cleaner through the summer, and froze ahead like crazy. I need to get it together as this could be soooo much harder.

I'm looking at time wasting crap including what can I feasibly blow off without the pissing others off factor. I really have stayed home, and not over scheduled myself this week, even last week for those who don't believe it's possible.

Truth be told, staying busy, even an insane crazy busy is always preferable in my world, it staves off negativity and gives some fleeting sense of control. Believe it or not but going to the gym the past 3 mornings at 5:45 is worth the sacrifice of an hour of sleep. These next two weeks are the trial run for am workouts before the online class starts to roll and the summer routine starts. I live and die by the all holy routine, and that is a huge part to this stress is re establishing or better yet finding the two kid routine.

Tuesday I had Ben, Ian, and one twin. It cycled between pouring or so humid I thought my hair would explode if we ventured outside. It was a long afternoon in which my repertoire of camp (indoor) mommy fun was running thin between taking care of the babies. Play dough had long since become tiresome, Dora was about to be given an AZ come to justice deportation and I left the double stroller on the porch to be soaked leaving a trip around the neighborhood out of the cards once the rain stopped. Well Done Camp Director.

Ian was up continuously and was crying for a good chunk of the time. At some point of the day it occurred to me that as a mom to 2 boys, 3 maybe 4, even 5 on occasion when friends are over, that installing a urinal in the middle of the living room would save so much time. Call it a fleeting thought or a stroke of DYI brilliance.

take your pick-

1 comment:

LauraC said...

Hey on the wet stroller front.
You can always put one baby in a Bjorn on you (generally the fussier one is the better choice for that) and then put a single baby in the single stroller. You would be surprised how much shit you can get done with one baby in a bjorn. Nate took freaking naps in the bjorn while I sat in the rocking chair watching tv!

glad to hear things sound better. It is a BIG transition phase. This week in general sucks. Short week with so much rain!