Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Happy Birthday Ben!

Happy 4th birthday my Sweet Ben! You woke up to your decorated room and "sparkle" doughnuts in bed to celebrate the day. We are planning for "choose a gift" on the hour tradition, playing with Connor, and then a big birthday meal tonight after you talk to Mema and Grandmommy through Daddy's special camera.

I'm glad that you as of 8 pm last night, I can come to your party. I was getting worried after you have disinvited me about 900 times in the last few weeks. Hate to tell you, but if momma doesn't come, there will be NO party.

You have grown up so much this year as you moved schools, finally mastered the all encompassing hurdle of pooping on the potty :-), have learned your letters and number and can recognize simple words, moved to a new bedroom, took swimming lessons, played a soccer on a team with friends, and became the wonderful Big Brother I knew you were waiting to become given the opportunity.

We spent our last morning on our family beach trip yesterday doing what you loved best, digging in the sand and jumping in the water. What more could I ask for but to watch you be totally in the moment with a smile on your face and filthy dirty.

I was so happy to be apart of your 4th trip around the sun celebration at school before the year ended. We had fun making your "timeline about me" poster as well as your fav food of blueberry muffins to share with your classmates.

This weekend you will finally get to have your party with your friends at Durham Science and Life in the Butterfly House complete with a birthday train. Since you have been planning this party for a good 6 months I hope it lives up to your 4 year old expectations. Believe me, I will do my best not to be disinvited before Saturday!

I love you my sweet, loving, inquisitive, adventuresome, ACTIVE, blue-eyed boy. You make me smile with your unconditional love and morning hugs. To hear your sweet cackle of a laugh makes me want to hold you in moment in time all of my days.

Be Still my Heart, my Beautiful Ben.


love mom-

2 comments:

Beth said...

Happy Happy Birthday Ben!!! I can't wait to meet you one of these days. You probably already know this, but your mom ROCKS!

LauraC said...

Happy birthday Ben! Sitting next to your mom when you were 6 weeks old was one of the best decisions I have ever made. I am blessed to have gotten to know you over the last four years and watch you grow up. Can't wait to celebrate with you on Saturday!