Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekend Round-Up

It's Monday and Ian has decided that sleep is for the weak. All weekend and into the wee hours of last night he had the big eye staying up for hours past most feedings. I had hoped that he would nap a little longer, but alas 2 hours and he done. This must be the genes for functional on little sleep that I have given him.

Over the weekend we pushed it Sat and likely this was the reason for being off. Note to self that if napping has to be scheduled, then cut back. Friday night we stayed in got caught up on Lost (which btw I think I was still holding out hope that Locke really wasn't dead). Sat am we met up with a friend at the local spring festival. Ian was great, Ben was.... not. The whine capacity is being met daily only to be surpassed with asking any and all questions of "why." I have resorted for my sanity to give him 10 questions on the way home from school. Too bad he often uses up all 10 many days to ask what animals eat other animals. He's like a future evil zookeeper.

My friend Chrissy called to say that she was in desperate need for someone to help with her boys while she closed up her family shop. No problem as she has bailed me out more times that I can count. I doubled back to the house, dropped off Ian and Ben napped all the way to N Raleigh. for the next 3 hours we played outside on the trampoline, had bike/scooter races, made mummy dogs and chocolate cupcakes.

Needless to say I was tired and slept through most of watching Food, Inc on Sat night. Sunday we all attempted to sleep in, note the word attempted. Ben and I colored in pictures of HotWheels cars over lazy Sunday pancakes. I am looking for the times I can spend with just him, doing what he wants. I hope this will make a difference in adjustment to the 2 child dynamic.

We headed out for lunch on Sunday, I picked up a final few things from a meal prep place that is going out of business for pennies on the dollar for my own freeze ahead fun and then I attempted to get caught up on some sleep. Bill in his attempt to up his ranking on 500 in 2010 did 6 miles. Notice that mom is sleeping while dad is exercising.

I have put off most housework until today plus mulching my new plants from the farmers market. Overall not a bad weekend, and plans for a much more slower paced week. Hunter twins are here tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Beth said...

I should have known there'd be no "adjusting" phase for you. You impress the hell out of me! Glad to hear you're finding that special one-on-one time with Ben. For the first three weeks of Seth's life, my mom stayed with us and served as the official "Seth holder" so that I could do things with William. (Seth was not big on sleeping on his own. He needed a warm body!) Anyway, glad to hear that you at least have a slower-paced week planned. In the meantime, give us some more pictures of some juicy baby love!

HeatherV said...

Beth-

more like I'm manic and have to get out each day. In all seriousness I have a long history of depression and being at home all day is not good for me. We have been walking, playing in the yard once ben is home, and bill has been a huge help to let me sleep. I pulled my shoulder out in the last 24 hours so I am making myself rest. I posted some of laura's awesome pics on fb.