Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Multiple Madness!


Yesterday Laura H dropped Max off on her way to UNC with Leo for his weekly appointment. We had just enough time to eat lunch, visit among 3 crying babies, feed 2 of 3 and get a game plan on for afternoon feeding/naps.

Hour 1- Ian asleep, Max crying then more feeding, then hiccups, then asleep in the bouncy seat. Ian has wet though the pack and play.. again. Change him, change sheets.

Hour 2
- Max asleep, Ian crying, feeding, more hiccups...damn what is it with the evil reoccuring hiccups today, Ian spitup and clothes change, asleep in the swing after being carried gathering laundry throughout the house to soak.

Hour 3- Max awake, then Ian after much crying by Max. Ian crying. Heather about to be about to be crying. Vegas the dog is whining. Damn dog... relegated to the porch. Prepare 2 bottles and using the Boppy pillow feed both Ian and Max. Both babies happy for about 15 mins.

All Hell breaks loose crying by both babies. Heather decides it's time to go outside putting Max back in his car seat and in the Snap and Go, could kiss the inventor of the snap and go.

Ian is in the sling. LOVE the sling!!! Take a 30 min walk through the neighborhood. On the way home I forgot the dog is on the porch and since the neighbor has called the local animal cops on me before for dog barking. I circled back and picked up the dog too and do 10 more mins.

Sucess, both babies asleep. Dog has settled down, I actually got some exercise and before they wake up, the laundry in the dryer.

Hour 4- Both boys wake up just as I grabbed something to eat. No wonder Laura H has lost over 50 lbs in 2 months. She never has time to EAT!!! Settle onto the couch with feeding both boys again. I feel good that I can do this at the same time, but damn am I tired and Laura has only been gone since 1pm.

Text from Laura H- We are in the UNC parking deck, will be home in 45 mins if we don't hit traffic. I call her and give her a back way through the country. Call it self serving, call it I need to go and pick up Ben from the friend graciously watching him as soon as I can as her sitter is watching multiple kids, call it I am wiped out.

Laura H arrives by 5:30 and she BF Max I change Leo and Ian, and then Max once more. Pull freezer food in her new speically bought travel freezer bag (hello Dollar Tree) include cooking directions. Help pack up all toys (missed 2 under the couch), help load babies in the car and jump in my own car to get Ben.

I am so tired by the time that Bill gets home around 8 pm that we never eat dinner and I find half of it in the microwave this am while making breakfast.

Yeah, in the 4 hours I got to be a twin mom I totally got my ass kicked. How do they do it? Truly only Superwomen should apply, or be appointed by GOD.

2 comments:

LauraC said...

Like I said last night - THE REASON I am never having babies again. Ever. Too much crying, too tired.

Do you want to hear the two funniest things I have ever heard out of another mom's mouth? At 11 weeks, I sent an SOS email to the TMOTT distribution list because I literally thought I could not take another day. I asked how they recharge.

Answer #1:
I bought myself an espresso machine as a push present and whenever I get tired, I drink a shot of espresso. I stop myself AFTER 15 EACH DAY.

Answer #2 (my personal fave):
I go on the back deck, shut the door, and scream into my back yard.

Sheer exhaustion is why we didn't do much when the boys were newborns. I could get out of the house with them but then I would so tired it was not worth it.

Beth said...

LOVE this post! I fully agree that God knows what he's doing when he does the assigning! Glad you survived!