Monday, April 5, 2010

And YOUR weekend?


This post has been floating around since Friday but alas marking things off that to do list became all important as well as lots of sleeping and watching Mad Men from the start. I am happy to say every single item minus working on some freeze ahead dishes got done. AND I did it with Ben out of school.

Among the highlights: contracts for power washing/painting, housecleaning signed, car maintenance, shopping, washing and sorting baby clothes, cleaning the entire house, trips to play with friends, 4 hour trip on Friday to Durham Science and Life, and I GOT A PART TIME TEACHING ONLINE CONTRACT FOR THE SUMMER!!! On that last one I hope this is a foot in the door to taking some time away from full time teaching for the next year or so.

On Sat I had the crazy idea that we needed to do ANOTHER egg hunt so I looked online and voila, one advertised with 20,000 eggs, bike races, race cars, inflatables all at...the Wake Co Racetrack. I owe Bill big time for not turning around in the parking lot after crossing to the dark side of our local racin' circuit. Let's just say I was at much too at home among the rednecks and in the absence of not finding a bathroom and letting Ben pee by the car, he was too.

After shopping for new clothes for Bill, what had been some early labor symptoms when I had gotten up seemed to be worsening. At the OB on Thursday I was 2 cm and completed effaced and upon the words of the Dr, "I really don't want to deliver you on I-40, please go to the hospital." Plus I had an NST after a tacky and then racing heartbeat. So around 4:30 we headed to the hospital thinking that if I was more dilated then maybe my Easter bunny baby was making an appearance. After 2 checks, an hour of walking with Ben leading the way spilling water all over the L/D floor, two more NSTs I was sent home.

A little sad as I am really, really ready to meet my sweet son and not be so uncomfortable but I also know it's only a matter of a few more days. This afternoon we played mom's version of labor inducing games: pick up in the yard: pine cones counted at 1 pt and sticks 5 pts, Ben won with extra Easter candy and Mom won her bet that if Bill didn't mow I was going to. I think he thinks an iPad is in the deal.

No comments: