Thursday, April 22, 2010

We Are ALL Feelin' It!

This was Ben within 5 mins of walking in the door yesterday. The sad part is I let him sleep on the kitchen floor for a good 30 mins while I fed Ian, responded to a glut of work emails, and made dinner.



Call it bad mothering, or just taking advantage of the situation. For the record I did attempt to pick him up to move him to the couch but couldn't lift 40 lbs of dead weight.

We are back in sleep deprived baby mode. ALL of US. Ben has decided that the best time to play his I don't want to share attention time is 3 am when he woke up telling us that he hurt all over. Legitimately he had 2 ticks on Sunday so we took it seriously, the first time.

Bill has graciously been talking half of the nighttime feedings staying up to do the last feeding around 1/2 am. Most nights I am going to bed to try and get 4-5 hours before the wee-hour shift and getting up with Ben for am routine. Can I just say how incredibly awesome my husband is...AND he already got an iPad.

On that note I had to be at school around 6:30am to run NHS new member breakfast. Ian with with me and luckily slept through almost 100 loud, crazy, donut infused teenagers. I only have new member Induction left in May and I passed off my entire notebook this morning under the guise that I am really going to need a co-advisor to handle this large group. Handwriting on the wall and I am giving this up playing the 2 kid card some return to school. Seriously, do I need irate emails with a 8 day old baby? Decision made. Now stick to it Vinson.

Lastly, very proud that I didn't eat ANY of the 15 dozen Krispy Kreams for the event. Because....



This is what Bill picked up at his 9 month surgeon visit.... Once again. I love him but I am also first in line! Call it a hopeful Push present to do ALL the plastic surgery I want or just some serious motivation to finally be able to have the body I want. It's on the fridge, near the door handle no less as I have approximately 70 lbs to be at the weight to make the surgery worthwhile.

No comments: