During the busy week are doing the less labor intensive ideas. Last night we worked on Day 1 of a Lego Snowscape rebuilding some of the figures from last year's advent calendar.
Like last year, Bill and I did a date night in November and defined:
1. Gotta do
2. Would like to do it
3. Not happening this year
I cannot tell you how much time and energy this saves having our nights and weekend filled with activities we WANTED to do over feeling OBLIGATED to do.
Here's the List. Several items we have already done or they are ongoing all season!
1. Decorate and fill a box of goodies for Uncle Brian
4. Shaving cream/Lego table landscape
5. Attend Nutcracker
6. Date night with each boy to pick brother and dad gifts
8. Annual "tackiest ("crazy house"- Ian age 2) neighborhood house competition
9. Breakfast for dinner
13. Travel to see Meadow Lights on Christmas Eve
14. Family movie night, holiday edition in pjs
17. Make a gingerbread house
18. Take the train to the Greenboro Children's museum
19. Make a thank you card for teacher's gift cards
20. Portable North Pole Video