Friday, May 6, 2011

I'm Putting Mothers Day on Notice

I am asking for 4 things on this first ever mothers day. I say FIRST because I cannot remember a time since I went away to college that I didn't drive home for mothers day.

I decided to go and pull out all the stops for Easter in SC to have Mother's day to myself, with my own kids, not on the road and frankly so tired once home (and usually frustrated) that the day is chalked up to "next year I'm going to do something different and not feel guilty."

Next year is this year and I'm asking for 4 things:

1. Please let me sleep. Please take the boys anywhere away from the house between the hours of 7-9 am and let me sleep and not awaken to crying/screaming/yelling/running/whining/ TV blaring or any combination of the usual way I wake up the other 364 days of the year.

2. Please don't give me anything (no flowers, no promise of a watch to replace my old that has now been offered up for at least 3 different holidays, not even a loaded up Starbucks card). Other than not minding me spending $ to print some of the recent family photos, I want to spend the day with my family.

3. Please plan some type of Sunday outing with the kids. A picnic, go karts, paddle boats, ice cream, anything that is outside and the only phrase I hear is, "it's planned, the kids/car is packed, just be ready by say 10 am once you have leisurely gotten up and I can stop by the house to pick you up.

4. Please keep these kids entertained when I stain and seal the deck. No plans for Mothers day labor, all bets are on next weekend if the weather holds out. I don't need helpers, I need the time to do it in peace.

Thank you.

Love your spouse, the mother of your children, the good daughter, the really tired mom.

Happy Mothers Day!

No comments: