Monday, February 22, 2010

Let's play, Who Does That Child Belong To?


Overall good trip to SC to see and help with my mom. It took an extra couple of hours to get down on Friday night due to Friday traffic in Charlotte but luckily the DVD gods were smiling on us. I am almost finished with my book club audiobook thanks to the drive. Mom seemed super pleased at the lot of frozen meals and in typical style I made her a list for her fridge.

The weather beautiful so after taking her to dialysis on Sat am I headed to the Grenville Zoo and the park across the street. On zoo standards this was perfect, they have all the major animals kids want to see (elephants, lions, giraffes) but you can do the whole thing in about 1.5 hours, unlike the NC Zoo that it literally a whole day event. Negative thing is it is built into the side of a hill so lots of walking. Ben's favorite thing was watching an elephant pee/poop that he told anyone about for the rest of the weekend.

We then headed across the street at the Cleveland park for a picnic lunch and played for another 2 hours on a super awesome playground. Just as we were leaving an ice cream truck pulled up so you know we had to stop and then sit along the nearby creek eating and talking (again about the pooping elephant).

On the way home I stopped at Micheals to pick up flowers to make a new arrangement for my dad's grave at the request of my mom. While we were looking for flowers, Ben suddenly appeared with this decorative hat and yes, my child holding two crosses as guns. I should have been mortified, but instead I was snapping pictures and laughing.

Nice birthday dinner for my brother and I fell asleep watching the Olympics with my mom who of course has watched about a zillion hours including all the feel good People Magazine-esque specials about the athletes.

I was able to catch up with my old friend on the way home whom I have not seen since Ben was a baby and when I got home about 8 last night, Bill had totally finished EVERYTHING for Ben's new room. I can't wait to post pics of the finished product. The CARS wall decorations look great! I have to admit while I am ready for Ben to move after all the work it also makes me a bit sad to think of him never to sleep in his nursery again. I think the helicopter is going to make a visit by end of week with the message from the baby that his new room is ready. Ben is convinced when you ask him that it's daddy's bedroom and that he sleeps in the Lighting McQueen bed!

1 comment:

Sandra said...

hi heather! i hope you're feeling well. i've been thinking about you.