Friday, February 19, 2010

Finished For Friday!

Can you say at one point I had almost 40 things between my home and work to do lists. Carrying over tasks on both but wow I am crazy tired. Some highlights since the blog has been neglected over the week.

Work- Meetings, tons of stuff dealing with NHS upcoming new member drive including a Chick Filet night, add to it that my committee of NHS teachers to help read the incomoing over 100 applications for new membership was dissolved with a reorg and I lost my co-chair- ahhh... busy.

Also I'm taking an online class in preparation to try to teach online this summer so homework assignments to post and readings to annotate, in the middle of a grading quagmire before progress reports and parent contacts due next week. Did I mention that I don't yet have a long term sub? Getting kinda panicky at this point and determined to NOT be at school posting grades while in the early stages of labor like with Ben.

Home- took off Wed to visit the only Montessori Elementary school (has a Pre-K program that is the easier way into the school than trying for K), Dr appointments, cleaning, laundry, usual house stuff, went to the DMV after being told at the bank my license was expired by a month...oops! Finished a great book and started another. Took Ben to the Dr after multiple days of a cold getting worse. Early bronchitis in both lungs and and ear infection. Antibiotics already have cut this one off at the pass thankfully.

By far the biggest accomplishment was finishing 23 meals that are going to my mom later this afternoon. Since this is the FIRST weekend in almost a month that no bad weather is forcasted Ben and I are packing it out of here for the drive down to see my mom one last time before Baby V arrives. I had tried to talk her into having Brian meet up half-way in Charlotte but this was the final plan. I know she is excited to see Ben for a visit as well as hold a belated Vday birthday party for my brother that she has planned for him. Should be there by 9-10 pm tonight.

Best part is that a long time friend that my in my wedding is actually in town for the first time in almost 4 years at the same time I am so we are getting together over the weekend while mom is at dialysis.

Wishing myself safe travel as in typical fashion it was another late night. No picture today as the best I could come up with was my cut hand that wouldn't stop bleeding leading to a conversation involving the phrase, "I would rather sleep that sit at the hospital waiting for them to charge me $500.00 for a compression bandage." Plus I would miss out on my 5.5 hours I might get at this point"

Yep... it's been a busy week-

1 comment:

Beth said...

I seem to have missed the Friday posts! Anyway, hope you and Ben had a nice drive and visit in SC. Wow--can't believe you're adding an online class to your mix of craziness. Good luck, and hope you get that sub soon!