Monday, November 17, 2008

Put it on the To Do List

I am counting down the days until we leave for our Thanksgiving beach trip. In typical weekend fashion we stayed busy. I have started my weekend house chores when I get home on Friday from school so I don't spend most of Sunday night doing the load of laundry 'til midnight.

I met my AP kids on Saturday at a local university to work on their public policy project. Bill was gracious to watch Ben (and Cars for the millionth time). We met up with the Pressley family for dinner and 3 hours of boys under 6 chaos. Chrissy helped me bag and decorate the Webkins NHS is raffling off. I always show up at her house with a project in hand. I think my definition of true friendship involves going along with my hair-brained plans of perfection, even when you know I am nuts.

Sunday we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then to Southpoint mall for me to pick up the remaining items for a basket my BUNCO group is giving a friend as well as let Ben play in the kid zone. I also managed to get our hotel booked for our Christmas Atlanta trip, coordinated with Bill's mom about going to the GA Aquarium and King Tut exhibit while there as well as a unit on the Federal Budget planned for class.

What did I not do? I never manage to stay awake as soon as I sit down to watch TV with Bill. In typical fashion I was out before the Word of the Day on Colbert Report. Maybe I need to actually schedule relaxation on my daily to do list. How predictable would that be?

1 comment:

ElizabethS said...

Whatever it takes to remember to put your feet up once in a while... ;-)