Friday, November 21, 2008

Heather is.... Bill is....

It has been a long, long week. Both I and the majority of my freshmen students have hit a wall. I'm frustrated and tired of fighting the good fight.

On that note, greeting from Easley, South Carolina. Once again I have ventured south to the land of no shirt, no shoes, no problems. This weekend here is what I will be doing compared to Bill.

Heather- Drive to SC and back home(12 hours roundtrip), cook-a-thon to help my mom put back some freezer food, general help out and give my brother a much needed respite with cleaning and errands, potty training, attack a stack of scholarship letters to write for students, write test for AP, contact a bunch of parents of failing kids and document an action plan for each child. I have 21 of these to do before Thanksgiving.

Bill- go to see Zach and Mimi and to a bar with Matt Friday night, sleeping late and lounging on the couch by the fireplace, putting together: Ben's train table for Christmas, 2 step stools, a jumping thing my mom is giving Ben, sleeping in the afternoons, probably eating pizza, likely watching any of the following movies: Punisher, Serenity, or something involving the prerequisite sci-fi goo-pod,and likely staying up late playing video games.

He was awesome helping me get out the door for this quick trip and in general as gets best husband ever with events during the last couple of weeks at home.

1 comment:

LauraC said...

I love the side-by-side comparison! I dream of the day Jon takes the boys out for a day and I can accomplish all the stuff Bill has on his honey-do list :)

Enjoy SC, we're off to Target to purchase a two screen DVD player.