Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekend Roundup

It has been a busy weekend at Casa Vinson. The weather here is beautiful so we tried to take full advantage of being outside. Ben and I met friends at a local park on Saturday morning. The kids loved the playground, feeding the ducks, and enjoying a picnic lunch. Check of the video I took with Bill's new video camera, the Flip Mino video camera.



Saturday night our friends Larry and Heather K. came down for Settlers of Catan rematch. I unfortunately was creamed and didn't repeat my silent, sneaky victory from the first time we played this really fun game. I am a game freak (esp. board games and I'm serious that I will take you down over Candyland!

Today I got together with some friends in my neighborhood bookclub and we went to the Junior League Shopping Spree at the new Raleigh Convention Center. I bought a beautiful jacket, Jewelry cleaning set, and some Christmas gifts for friends/family. We had a fun time and I did much less damage to my pocketbook than last year. I have been working TOO hard this year with couponing and buying in bulk to blow it on yet another monogrammed something for myself (a real weakness, but I AM from South Carolina).

We ended the weekend at toys are us looking for a Thomas play tent and buying big boy underwear for ben. His teacher at school wants to try them on him next week during potty time as a new boy in his class has been showing him his big boy underwear and ben is enthralled.

No comments: