Thursday, October 23, 2008

tales from the little potty-volume 2


It has been a crazy week with the quarter winding down with lots of projects and other grades to get finished at school. I have been battling a cold since Sunday so I don't feel as productive at home. But on the potty training front... full pee ahead!

Ben has been working with the potty training guru, Ms Esther, at school that swears by her method of "no pull ups". She is old school "big boy underwear only" regardless of how many accidents they have. Ben went twice on Monday in the school potty and was all too happy to show me his sticker chart in the bathroom.

At home, the minute we get home we get in potty mode. I strip him down to a shirt and his choice of underwear. Dora puts on her underwear and first sits on the potty while we are getting ready for dinner. Then ben sits on the potty while we read a book or look at a toy maganize that he loves.

Needless to say we have had many accidents, but HE IS GETTING IT! When he goes we do the potty dance all the way to the big potty and clap when it flushes away. Wish all it took to motivate me was a sticker and a potty dance.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't potty training the most fun you've ever had? I have successfully trained 3 kids but I believe all my gray hairs came from potty training. I know you have heard it 1000 times but it's true, one day the lightbulb will come on and they will never look back!!!! Have fun!!!!

ElizabethS said...

Time to post a video of the potty dance! I have to see this. :)