Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Feed My Mind, Feed My Soul

So this post is of interest to no one but me, but it was super awesome to be in the presence of most of the UNC Political Science dept last Saturday that it's worth writing about. I went to a lecture for teachers put on by the university in hopes of:

1. Getting free primary source material for class
2. Chance to hear one of my favorite professors from grad school days
3. To be around other teachers to collaborate
4. Kick Ass Topic- Realigning Elections through History- Impact of 2008

To sit in Dr. Leuchtenburg's presence was like like talking to God or maybe Tim Russert about his election predictions. This man has worked for all the major networks during his 50+ years as a professor and given election night results for many a drama-filled evenings. He is the Doris Kerns Goodwin in election polling results. To top it off he WORKED on the Truman campaign in 1948, and met the man (if you didn't know this I wanted my son's middle name to be in honor of my fav president, bill shot it down and instead got me a "buck stops here" sign for my desk). So I ask you does it get any better than this.... YES!!!!!!!!!

As I was sitting down I noticed someone I know from DPI (State Public School Agency). She knows my past work writing personal finance curriculum and also as an economics question writer for the State exam in Civics. We talked over lunch and she is forwarding my name on for consideration for a possible contract position that may open up next year to revise the state curriculum in Civics. Too Cool for School (my current school that is)!

No comments: