Monday, October 6, 2008

tales from the little potty


Ben did it! He not only pee peed in the daycare potty, he pooped in his own potty tonight. I am estatic that the first time for both would happen on the same day! When I got to school to pick him up his teacher met me at the door and had ben high five me telling me, "ben go potty, me sticker".

I don't know what is so different as we have been having him sit at home and look at books, but I think the peer pressure, amazement at big boy underwear, and a new pottytrained friend in class that he identifies with is helping START the transition. Plus his teachers are great at helping and supporting.

I know we are a long way away from fully being potty trained, but this is huge for us after months of total indifference. Last night while I was putting away his new big boy underwear, I couldn't help being a little sad that he is growing up way too fast. I need to live in the moment and remember these days for they are passing quickly into boyhood.

No comments: