In March I/we
- Read two books with close to 900 pages between them. Granted one was on audiobook, but it clocked in at 504 pages. The Dovekeepers will make a best book of 2013. I finished the other, Serena, just to hate on the myriad of ways they killed people in the timber industry for book club discussion later this week.
-Just started You're Not Doing it Right by Michael Ian Black. Yes, of Taco Party Fame. High expectations abound.
- Bill and I saw comedian Jim Gaffigan for a belated anniversary gift.
- Managed to work out at least once a week, sometimes 2-3 times. No personal training all month :(
- Long weekend visit from Grandmommy Pam, Uncle Jamie including Ben seeing his first live hockey game.
-Weekend spent in Wilmington with friends including touring the USS North Carolina and wrangling our 5 boys .
-Massive freeze ahead went down and have now restocked my freezer for rest of the school semester
- Made spring crafts with the kids including an Easter egg tree for our yard. Does building a fort of moving boxes count as a craft?
-Ongoing potty training success with Ian, including climbing all over the battleship yesterday and not one accident. Major mom points or mom dodged a bullet points.
- I volunteered twice at Ben's school and Bill chaperoned a field trip to NC Museum of Natural Sciences
- I made 120 cupcakes for my high school students, Ben's story and snack, and Ian's class party.
-Ongoing purge of all baby/toddler items. Goal to finish over spring break.
-Y Guides trips for Ben including a monster truck rally and overnight camp out at Marbles
By far the most awesome thing that happened this month was this:
Not pancakes, but who ate them. Ben has been eating more, putting on weight, and in general reacting well to a new medication. My fingers are crossed that by his 7th birthday he will be in range for normal weight.
No April Fool's joke on me, this is a step in the right direction.
7 self-care rituals that take 15 minutes or less
3 hours ago