While not officially over until 12:01 am Sunday night, for all intensive purposes our week away from school is coming to an end. While we would have loved to have had a mini-vacation not involving our kitchen table we have had a good week. While on spring break we have:
1. Visited 3 Bears Acres.
2. Saw the Titanic Exhibit at the NC Museum of Natural History
3. Ate Locopops, Krispy Kreme Doughnuts, biscuits, hushpuppies
4. Toured many a local park on a week of mostly sunny, warm afternoons
5. Mom refilled the freezer with meals (*only mom cared about this item)
6. Pulled out art supplies and got messy
7. Started working on plans for a small raised bed veggie garden
8. Planned a summer vacation
9. Did lots of yard work
10. Purchased most of Ian's upcoming birthday gifts
11. Did a minimal amount of school work
12. Hit the library for new books
13. Overnight trip to the beach
14. Toured the USS North Carolina
15. Played with sand, chalk, our fort. Mom's car is a repository for found sticks and rocks.
16. Walked out dog daily to the neighborhood lake to feed the ducks
17. Mom managed 4 gym workouts including meeting with the trainer at o'dark thirty
18. Booked a mother's day weekend trip for Mom + V boys
19. Finalized summer day camp plans. * Jr Jazzercise was booked first and we planned around the one week it is offered all summer.
20. Created a big spring family fun list
While the weekend is just starting and several items are on the agenda including mom going to the Full Frame Documentary film festival and our going most likely to Durham Science and Life, NC Zoo, or Pullen Park before weekend out.
Overall we've had a good break from school and work and with 9 more weeks until summer break we are already jumping with excitement.
Ben, Ian, their Mom
7 self-care rituals that take 15 minutes or less
3 hours ago