Wednesday, August 31, 2011

3990? yeah I'll be all over that, maybe more like not likely

Welcome back Mrs. Vinsen, Vincent, Benson, Venison, really...

How about Vinson folks, I did used to work here at one point. Just a sampling of some of the ways my name has been spelled on the various items welcome back to full time work need you to fill out paperwork.

Best yet was finally getting my work email operational after not opening it since 4/1/2010. Yes, a full 17 months ago.

3990 emails in my inbox
. The one time I tried to open it during this hiatus, I shut my computer down. Taking that a sign from God that I need to remember my whole work/quality of life ongoing issue, I never opened it again until I showed back up two weeks ago.

It's been a memorable August. Actually I'm very ready to close the door on this month and move on. You know why, I know why.

I mailed the last of the sympathy thank yous today only to receive a two page handwritten letter from my mom's high school best friend. What a nice and unexpected gesture from some lady I've never met. I may keep it, as her words while tear invoking, were genuine, authentic and recalled my mom as young, healthy, with her whole life ahead of her.

Just thinking about the planned trip to see my mom that was suppose to happen this holiday weekend, the one celebrating kindergarten and day care starts is going to make for some hard days ahead. It was the first time in a long time Brian was going on a beach trip with friends. While he is still going, I feel a little lost not about to pack up for the weekend trip and do some of the special things I had planned.

The last time I talked to my mom part of the conversation was her excitement about this weekend,how much she was looking forward to seeing the boys and wanted to be a part of their new school year.

As I move into September with almighty plans to just keep moving ahead, keep trying to make the most of the time with the boys between school pick up and bedtime, trying to stick to my plans of not working more than I need to, plans to keep exercise and sleep as a priority, simply keeping going.

No insane crazy posted list of productivity for September, only to remember priorities. Believe me cleaning out 3990 emails is not anywhere in the top ten.




2 comments:

Carrie said...

I think you are doing the best to take care of yourself, and that is all you need to do right now!

LauraC said...

Hey sorry I couldn't make it out this week. When we get back from the beach, definitely need to go out. I hope you have a good, although different, Labor Day weekend. I'm sure there's a lot you can do to remember her this weekend.

Let me know if you need anything.