Friday, July 22, 2011

"security, I think we need backup"

I wanted to snap a quick shot of the fruits of my labor this week: more than 50 boxes flattened and waiting for a freecycle pick up yesterday. Alas I went outside and they were already gone.

So you will have to believe me that this week has seen some serious productivity and I am leaving later today with every single box (that was mine or the boys, Bill is on his own) unpacked and neatly in a new home.

About 9 months ago some old college friends started talking about trying to get together in 2011 for a sorority reunion. Later today 20+ friends are meeting up for a girls weekend and the Grove Park Inn in Asheville, NC.

Can I just tell you how excited I am for a sunset reception overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains followed by a 4 course dinner (that I don't have to make, feed, or clean up?) Or to room with my good friend Beth C whom I have not seen in 15 years, or that I will have to be physically removed from the spa upon closing time on Saturday after spending most of the day sitting pool side with drink in hand.

Can I also add that I am re-listening to a favorite book, The Time Travelers Wife in the car. Alone, without 912 stops for diaper changes, drive through runs, and whining.

All week when I've been about to pass out from moving boxing from garage to attic in the 100+ heat, I've been coming back to this for some inspiration.


Moving into our dream house, lakeside weekend with high school friends and now a 15 year reunion. Can I just say that July 2011 is going down as legendary in the awesomeness dept.

No comments: