Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Goodbye 204, Hello 102

Moving day is tomorrow. Whew, what an unexpected ride for 2011. I feel like so little time has been spent at the old house this week other than sleeping in place of painting, cleaning, organizning, and prepping the new home for the move.

It goes without saying that sorority hazing week was to my 18 year old self as moving with a heat index of 105 with two kids in tow is to my 36 year old self.

This (old) house has never looked better, kinda like trying to rekindle all the reasons it was your first love in these last hours calling it home.

When I expressed a little saddness that a decade of memories where about to wrap up in the old place, my friend in her widsom reminded me that all I needed to do was to stand at my window, see my kids and remember the home that was created in this space.

I know that wherever I can look out and see this, I will be at home.

See you on the other side of a new window.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

YAY! I hope your move goes well! How EXCITING! We are starting to look for new housing here in MD - so I totally feel for you! Yay! I can't wait! There is always something so renewing about a new place (well, for us common travelers in the military) - and with our negative experiences in our rented townhome that we are in - we can't wait to find a different place and maybe change the mood/feng shui of this area!

Beth said...

Awww, this post gives me chills. Hope all is going well today! I'm thinking of you. :-)