I'm waaay behind on reading and esp commenting on blogs but I so loved a recent post on Carrie's summer To-do list that included a Mom column.
It got me thinking that while we have knocked out a few items like camping and smores off our summer list, ours is understandably kid focused.
So how about a short list in this summer of moving for some things I really want to do by summer end.
1. Keep the Couch to 5k ReStart outside heat/humidity version going. What a difference non-treadmill exercise adds for endurance. Ask me how excited I am about 3 miles of park that run through our new neighborhood along with easy access to a local greenway.
2. Find some cute summer shoes. I went shoe shopping while in FL. I tried on at least 20 pairs of wedges thinking about how cute they would look. Maybe it's just me but they just looked so not right. Ideas? I really want to pull off this style before it passes on and we are back to crazy pointed toe ankle boots in gold lame. Last night I came across these. LOVE them. Really would anyone even notice your outfit with these beauties on? I think not.
3. While we are on clothing, I want a cute sundress. Not all frilly eyelet lace or over the top girly, just pretty, cool for our humid days, and something if possible with a cap sleeve to hide my lunchroom lady arms. So far nothing really looks right. I am shopping challenged and I admit it. Internet ordering has shamed me into not actually shopping in stores.
4. Eat or Drink it. I love, love, love cold summer drinks. With spirts or without, nothing is better on a crazy hot day. I found a couple of cute ideas to try like this ice cream cake made from ice cream sandwiches with the boys from Real Simple.
5. Farmers Markets- Love them. Meeting up with a friend today for a basket of NC goodness (and some kick butt biscuits.) I will be recreating this summer veggie crepes with my loot today. Filling: zucchini, corn, green beans, ricotta cheese and chive cream sauce. Farmers Market on a plate I tell you.
6. Movies- I must see Bridesmaids as I want in on this conversation. Can just one more person ask if I have seen it and then shake their head mentioning, "raunchy comedy, why were you not first in line?" Hangover 2, while panned, is still a date night option and then there's Super 8. I must see this on a big screen. So jealous of anyone who has seen this already. Too bad we have kids that keep us prisoners like North Korean hostages on Friday nights.
7. Reading- Started our July book club book last night. Short stories: always good for those with the limited attention span. While on vacation I am finally going to start the Stig Larsson trilogy. Even if I am the last person on Earth to read them I must finish if I have any intention of see the Christmas release of Hornets Nest (have watched and re-watched the trailer several times and I am impressed with the casting alone.)
Not a mention of old house woes, moving stress, or kid-free list. Seven things in the next 2 months. Totally can do this.
3 hours ago