Tuesday, July 31, 2007

SO what can I buy for 219.47 that equally about 100 hours of work???

SO for those who read my previous post I got my hard earned check today in the mail from the consignment sale. I am happy that I made at least more than the 50 bucks I expected. I still think that my hourly salary to complete this task and mark off the list qualifies me for some govt benefits. So on a really weird note, I never got around to pricing the books that have been living in my garage for the last 2 years. Both my mom and bill's mom kept all our childhood books. Before you start thinking, "what kind of person who is a TEACHER would sell children's books", let me tell you about the condition of these books:

1. My mom kept my books in a Attic that had a squirl problem. you can image how happy I would be to give them to my son so that he could contract rabies or better let some flesh eating virus. Almost all the books had to be thrown away :-(

2. Bill's mom had a major dampness problem when she lived in Atlanta, so the books look good, but smell horrible. She didn't think they smelled bad, and brought all 10+ boxes with her thinking our children would want them. Again, great thought, but the smell alone made us toss most of them. Even though Ben eats dirt, sand, and even bark on the playground, him tasting these books made me sick.

So I had planned to just give them to Goodwill or Guardian Angel Thrift Store, but then I decided to just TRY and see if I could make anything for them as they are all hardback books. So between Mike's Used Books, Kid to Kid, and literally a woman in the parking lot of Kid to Kid would bought what they wouldn't take I got rid of all of them and earned $120.00 more bucks in cash and store credit. I think with some cleaning and activated charcoal they will smell better, but at this point, they are GONE!!!!

No comments: