Wednesday, July 4, 2007

70 things in 69 days

Thanks to my friends Laura and Elizabeth I am accepting their challenge to try and accomplish some things over the summer. I have exactly 69 days between the last day of school and the first workday back in August. You can read about their lists on their blogs: "I think I can, I think I can" and "Let's Do This". Following some of their goals idea such as Laura's competition to create a awesomely bad mixed tape (lets here is for Barbie Girl by Aqua) and obvious entries as a new mom, like finishing my son's baby book, I hope I can make a dent in my every growing To Do list.

so here are here are my ground rules:
  • Can complete the 70 items in any order
  • Can count any items already completed as long as it falls between 6/12 and today
  • If I do not finish at least 95% of the tasks by 8/20 then for every week I am late I will make a $ 10.00 per week donation to one of my favorite charities
SO I cast out the challenge to the my friends to keep me honest and to find out why I have Goals like, pretend to be Martha Stewart minus the jail term or why God didn't intent married couples to complete home improvement projects together made the list.

2 comments:

MGB said...

Please add to list: Help struggling colleague remember what we taught two years ago. Write glowing recommendation for same colleague. Watch at least one bonnet movie.

Anonymous said...

Are you sure they can't be used as projectiles? I love the idea, it's about the only way I would get things done, and I would go with you on this, except for the evil wedding and all of my goals in life seem to be involved in getting the damn thing done. sigh. Goals to go, get a caterer, someone to play music at the ceremony, find someone for rehearsal dinner, get chinese lanterns and candles for service, and get makeup for ceremony.