Monday, July 16, 2007

Baby Steps Party-July 8th



Like some crazy fool I thought, "hey hosting out Baby Steps First Birthday Party will be easy, just a matter of mowing the yard, filling up some baby pools, and firing up the grill". As always I take party planning to the extreme and as a result the patio was built, a planted new flowers, and make a flower arrangement for the guest bathroom, and make homemade jam for for all the families. All were tasks that I had on my list, but the catalyst of a party made me get them done sooner. So on one of the hottest days of the summer, we celebrated a year of successes and frustrations. The now toddlers had a great time in the pool and sandbox while the parents ate, socialized, and tried to stay cool in the shade. All enjoyed homemade strawberry ice cream as well as the spread of food everyone brought. We had a great time and DID enjoy hosting, it gave me a chance to mark some items off my list as well as entertain with friends.

A big thanks to Elizabeth, Amber, and Laura for letting me borrow items for the party!














No comments: