Thursday, July 19, 2007

Next time stage an intervention






Ok- so I owe my mom, brother, bill, girlfriends, and even Ben a big "you were right, I should have NEVER thought I could consign so much stuff at the Kids Exchange sale". I had such good intentions, clean out the 30 something boxes of clothes, toys, and gear that have been vacationing in my garage for the last year, and make some much needed money. But after a MONTH on nightly going through boxes and gleaning the best stuff out I really underestimated how much time it would take to tag and bag each and every single item and then cart in to the fairgrounds to the building where during the fair cows are exhibited during the July heat!

It took almost 3 hours just to put all the stuff out. I have never been so sick of baby/child related stuff in all my life after spending an afternoon wondering "so where do these tacky-ass diaper bags go" and if I do find where I am likely to throw them on the floor in a pile instead of hanging them nicely on the chicken-coop wire that had been so decoratively places using paper clips to hang each bag.

On a positive note I bought Ben at little car off some lady unloading her loot in the parking lot to also sell. It was the best 7 bucks I spent in that it kept Ben from trying to climb/jump of the deck while he pushed it all over the yard. I felt like I was buying crack in that I talked her down from the original price of 10 dollars.

So for all of you that love these sales, I join you in the admiration of 90 bouncy seats lined up but I will NEVER consign again and if I do... please as my friends stage an intervention for me.

1 comment:

ElizabethS said...

Honey, I will intervene. In fact, please intervene for me if I choose to go again. I am not a big city/big crowd girl for a reason. I did get a really cool playhut tent thingy though. :)