Monday, June 17, 2013

Where everybody knows your name


Laura, Jamie, Melissa and I once again met up on a gorgeous Saturday to spend at the lake and on the Potter's boat.  I cannot believe it has been 20 years.  TWENTY YEARS! since we all graduated from high school and started out adult lives.


The reality is once I sit down with any of my childhood friends it is like the last two decades never happened, we can just pick up where we left off.  One of the things I love best about seeing everyone's kids is I remember my friends at the same age.  I see each of my friends in the faces of their kids as I remember them in our mutual 1980s bad clothes, glasses and braces wearing, preteen awkwardness.

I remember Jamie and I dancing to Lionel Richie's "Dancing on the Ceiling" on her mom's parquet floor. I remember when Laura and I decided that we would have a ballet contest on top of the torn up carpet in our den.  I remember Melissa coming over and polishing the floor of my playhouse with Dawn dishwashing soap straight out the bottle as we were playing  Dukes of Hazard and that Boss Hogg and tracked mud on our floors.  I remember way too many Brownie Scout events to even name.


Even if I don't make it to the official 20 year reunion later this summer, I'm glad we have started this annual event to catch up. Thanks Worthy, Linker, and Potter family for once again for sharing your 2013 lives with us.




No comments: